Friday, January 11, 2013

SNOW DAY!!!!

I woke up a little before 7 am this morning.  I don't know why, I just did.  It certainly wasn't because I had enough sleep already.  I was awake until almost 1:30 am.  I don't know why I was up that late either.  My brain just doesn't want to shut down some times.

I turned on our local news channel when I woke up.  Knowing how much snow we had by the time I stopped looking outside, I thought that school might be canceled.  I was right.  As my children woke up, I let them know.  They were super excited.  My two oldest children are working on perfect attendance, so my daughter was not quite convinced that school was really canceled.  She didn't want me to be mistaken and miss her perfect attendance. 

She wanted me to call the school, I didn't want to call the school.  She got really close to the television and announced that she didn't see the name of her school go by.  I let her know that they didn't list the name of all the schools, they just listed the name of the school district.  With that, she was a bit more satisfied.  Then when she heard the news anchor actually say the name of the school district, she was happy.  She no longer needed me to call the school.  She was able to go on with her day, no matter how early it was.

My son didn't have any qualms about it.  He was completely happy to know that school wasn't going to be happening today.  He loves school, but I think we can all admit, it is nice when we don't have to go.  Whether it is work or school, it is nice to have a break!

My husband called in to work.  Last night he almost went off the road a few times due to the road conditions.  We were predicted to get 4 to 8 inches of snow today on top of what we received yesterday.  It wasn't worth the chance of getting in an accident or killed.  I think he made a good decision.

I got two workout videos today.  One was a walk at home video and the other was a belly dancing video.  The walk at home video is a great workout.  The belly dancing video will be a good workout too, I think.  I just need to work on my coordination.  My kids, my husband and I did the walking DVD together.  Even my toddler was attempting to do the workout.  We got a kick out of that.   

It was a very nice day together.  I enjoyed the time we got to spend that we wouldn't have had together otherwise.  Although I am not a fan of snow, I was thankful for the time we had as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment