Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Peponi" by the Piano Guys and Other Music

My 17 month-old daughter absolutely loves the Piano Guys.  Have you heard of them?  They play amazing music.  One of their songs is called "Peponi."  My daughter will come over to me at random times of the day and say "Poppo Poppo" which is her way of letting me know that she would love to hear Peponi

I will put it on my phone or on my sister's iPad or on my computer.  If it is on the phone or iPad, she will walk around the house looking at it.  When it gets over, she will bring it back to me so I can press play again.  She likes all of their music, but this one, by far, is her preference.  I have heard this song A LOT, but I don't mind.  It really is good music.

My older children also know that this song will calm her right down.  If she is having a bit of a toddler meltdown, they will grab an electronic device and put it on for her.  It is wonderful to know something that helps to calm down a toddler. 

My children have always loved music.  Up until my husband discovered the Piano Guys, they would listen to a lot of Victoria Justice or Taylor Swift.  There was always "Old McDonald had a Farm," "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," and church songs as backups.

Music is a great thing.  I am thankful for the calming effect it has.  I am grateful that my children appreciate music.  I am not a good singer, by any means, but I enjoy singing.  I sing to my toddler as she dozes off for the night.  I love to sing the hymns from church.  I sing those to her, some of my favorites are "Because I Have Been Given Much," "I Stand All Amazed," "I am a Child of God," and "Families Can be Together Forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment