Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tarantula!

I was just sitting here, minding my own business.  My five year-old son started looking through the closet for something.  I am not afraid of spiders (unless they are super poisonous, as mentioned previously), but there is really one word you don't want screamed in the confines of your own house.  It is "TARANTULA!"  Especially if it is being screamed as the person jumps back several feet.

So, me, being the mommy, get up and go over there.  I asked him where it was.  He said it ran under something.  Our closet isn't immaculate.  My kids like to throw things in there, thus, the reason he was searching in it.

I told him to get me a stick, I use a stick to kill black widows.  I haven't seen one yet this year :)  Then I told him to get me a shoe.  I started to think that the stick might not be good enough.  He ran and got me his shoe.

I started to slowly remove things from the closet.  S-L-O-W-L-Y!  I wasn't horribly excited to find this thing that got the "Tarantula" descriptor.  On the other hand, I didn't want this creature roaming my house.  After removing some items from the closet, I found a spider.  My son exclaimed, "There it is!"  I took the shoe and squished it several times.  It was no bigger, including its legs, than a quarter.

I was happy that it wasn't a tarantula.  I don't know for sure what I would have done.  I don't know that I would squish it, because I imagine you would hear things getting crushed, which would cause me horrible dreams, I think. I might stick it in a jar and try to sell it to a pet store :)

I am just glad that I didn't have to make that decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment