Sunday, December 2, 2012

Has It Really Been One and a Half Months?!?

I can't believe how quickly time flies.  Apparently the last time I wrote was October 15, today it is December 2.  So much has happened!  We have celebrated Halloween and Thanksgiving.  My whole family came to visit, except for my niece, for Thanksgiving.  My sister-in-law came on Friday, she spent it with her sister in Washington.  My Aunt Georgia came for Thanksgiving as well.  The house was crowded and full of love.  I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving!  My brother-in-law and his wife also came to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with us.  His wife made the most delicious pies I have ever had.

Starting the Monday before Thanksgiving, someone in the house was sick daily for a week.  My mom got sick Monday, my nephew got sick Tuesday, my 4 year-old got sick Wednesday, my 8 year-old got sick Thursday night/Friday morning, another nephew got sick on Saturday.  I thought the illness had left the house until early Tuesday morning when I woke up at 5 AM sick.  I am hoping that I am the last to get it.  It was a horrid experience.  It is now Sunday and no one else has gotten sick, knock on wood.  My baby has been pooping several times a day, but at least she hasn't puked.  My stomach still hasn't recovered fully, but I am glad that the puking ended 7 hours after it began for me.

I got to spend an hour in class with my four year-old a couple weeks ago.  It was wonderful.  I sat with him while he ate breakfast and then read some books to him in the book area of the classroom.  We then had circle time.  After circle time, I had to leave.  It was an enjoyable time with him and his class.

I still run a couple times a week, when I am healthy.  I hope to get to run more frequently than that.  I need to get back into a good routine.  I feel good when I am running.  It helps me ward off depression and sadness.  It has been hard for me since we moved here to Utah.  I am so thankful that my sister is with me, but I miss being close to the rest of my family.  I miss being able to put my children in my van and drive to my parents' house, or just walk over there.

I have started taking Zoloft regularly.  It was prescribed to me for postpartum depression, but I think I need it for depression in general.  I don't think that it makes me happy, I think it more or less numbs feelings.  As much as I wanted to cry when my family left after Thanksgiving, I didn't.  I don't worry as much as I used to.  I also have to admit that I have a huge problem with anxiety.  I would lay awake at night worrying about things that I really had no control over.

My baby started to walk on Thanksgiving.  She had lots of help with all her cousins and siblings around.  My niece and my daughter were her biggest support to get her walking.  I have never been much to encourage walking, I have always figured that they would start walking when they were good and ready.  It is fun to watch her walk.  She doesn't bend her knees very well when walking so it is quite the sight to see her go.

We got an artificial Christmas tree last night.  My children had a wonderful time putting it together and pushing down the limbs.  I have to admit that it looks a lot like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but the more decorations we put on it, the better it looks.  I guess that is what I should expect for a $40 Christmas tree.  The children love it, and that is really all that matters.

I hope to blog more in December than I have the past couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment