Saturday, November 23, 2013

Snickers Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust

Today I made this recipe.  It was absolutely to die for.  I found it at this website, following this link...  http://blahnikbaker.com/2013/10/snickers-peanut-butter-cheesecake/.   The only variations I made was the following:

  • I used a graham cracker crust instead of Oreos.  The crust was 2 c. graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 c. salted butter.
  • I made the cheesecake in a 10 inch springform pan instead of a 9 inch.
  • I let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours, then I put it in the freezer for 1 hour to hurry the cooling process.  
  • I drizzled it with Hershey's caramel syrup instead of making a homemade caramel sauce. 
One thing to remember, you will need a roasting pan.  After I made the crust, and poured the filling in, I realized that I needed to fill a roasting pan with hot water, so it would cover halfway up the outside of the springform pan.  

The worst thing about this recipe, you don't want to share it, but if you don't you will likely regret it!  I gave all of it away, except for 1/4 of it.  I ate 1/4 of the 1/4 that I had left, then had my husband put it outside in the refrigerator in the garage. 

Here is a picture of my daughter holding the final product.  I guess I should have gotten a close up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment