Sunday, November 3, 2013

Why, Oh Why, Must the White Stuff Come from the Sky?

That is how I felt this morning when I woke up!  Yesterday was so a beautiful day.  I went for a run in the morning and went for a walk with my husband and kids in the evening.  It was the best fall day I could think of. 

I am never a fan of the white stuff.  I have always lovingly referred to it as the "white crap."  Yes, that isn't a kind nickname or even a name that makes it shorter, but it describes things as I see it.  By the time church was over, the white stuff was gone for the most part.  I am thankful for that! 

I am hoping to not wake up to more of the white stuff tomorrow.  I wouldn't mind not waking up to the white stuff again for several years.  If the weather would stay at a temperature from between 68 and 72 degrees all year, things would be great :)  I live in Utah, not in Hawaii, so I guess that is very unlikely.  One can dream though :)

Today I got to go to all my church meetings.  It was a good day as far as that goes.  I enjoyed being there for all three meetings.  My toddler stayed in nursery until 10 minutes before church got over.  By that point, she was having a serious meltdown, so one of the leaders came to get me. 

My five year-old read a scripture in sharing time today, my older son helped him since he can't read.  It was sweet to see.  They did a great job!  In a couple of weeks they will be having their primary presentation.  I always look forward to that!

Right now my puppy is acting like she drank a full can of Jolt soda.  She is running around like a crazy girl.  She got her third set of shots yesterday, so it was a hard day for her.  She is always in a huge amount of pain when she gets her shots.  It is good to see her running around and playing again. 

In other news, I joined Weight Watchers a month ago.  I lost about four pounds in that month.  I would love to lose 30 more, at least.  I think I would feel much better about myself, both physically and mentally.  I wish that it was as easy to lose weight as it is to gain it.  I think I am going to plan to start running at least two miles a day, except for Sundays.  I don't think that is too far, so I should be able to run daily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment