Sunday, December 22, 2013

When Life Makes You Nuts...

I don't think there is a saying for that like, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

My last few weeks have been overwhelming to say the least.  I started a new job on Nov. 30.   I work at the remote encoding center for the USPS.  Lets just say, if you don't write like we learned to in 1st grade, but neater, your letter will likely come across one of our screens.  We have to make sure your mail is getting to where it is supposed to go.  My regular work week is 45-55 hours.  I miss my kids.  

My 5 year-old son turned 6 this week.  I can't believe that is has been six years since he came into our lives.  I remember that so clearly.  I remember Santa Claus coming to visit him in the hospital when he was just hours old.  I remember bringing him home from the hospital and giving him to my dad.  He was still in the carseat.  My parents' dog ran over and licked him from his chin to the top of his forehead.  They were best friends from that point on. 

I got my hair highlighted and lowlighted.  It isn't exactly what I wanted.  It doesn't match the picture I brought in, but I am okay with it.  I just have to make sure I straighten it or pull it back daily.  We had a family picture taken at church.  I think it turned out pretty well, when five out of the six of us are smiling, that is a good photo. 



I miss being home with my children.  I know the economy isn't improving.  I know it because I am working.  I used to be able to be a stay-at-home mom and we were okay.  We could pay our bills and save some money.  The money doesn't go quite as far anymore.  The food on the grocery store shelves are more expensive.  Prices of almost everything has gone up.  The price of gasoline is under $3 now, so that is nice!

The last time I went running was the day after Thanksgiving.  I didn't think that would be the last time, but now that it has gotten colder, I can't put my daughter in a jogger and push her.  I would worry she was getting too cold.  I miss running.  I don't really know when I can fit in exercise with my schedule as it is.  I canceled my weight watchers membership because it was pretty pointless to try to do that.  I have no time to track what I eat, and I don't have much time to eat what I shouldn't anyway. 

I have come to realize that I have celiac disease.  I remembered that when I had a biopsy for the pemphigoid gestationis that it came back saying that I had a high probability for celiac disease.  My stomach was always killing me.  I have cut gluten out of my diet and I feel much better.  I do miss glutenous foods (if that is a word).  Living on rice and corn based meals gets very boring, very fast.

Well with all that said, and knowing that I work tomorrow and Christmas, I  am very sure I won't blog again before that.  Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment