Sunday, December 29, 2013

In My First 40 Years

In my first 40 years, I have accomplished a lot and I have failed a lot, but I have learned lessons all along the way. 

I have been blessed with a family that loves me.  Growing up, when I needed a friend, I always had several that lived under my roof.  When things that would happen that would really hurt, they would be there.  My heart was broken more times than I care to count.  It would never make any sense at all.  It never made sense, no matter how much I would want it to.  Until one day, when I finally met my husband.  Then it made sense.  None of the other guys were meant to be my husband and the father to my children.  No matter how much I wanted them to be, it just wasn't supposed to be that way. 

I have been blessed to be with my husband for 12 years.  He loves me!  I have changed a lot in 12 years.  I have had long hair, short hair, medium length hair.  I have been thinner and fatter and in between.  My weight has always been one of my biggest struggles.  It just can't stay the same, but I guess I need to be thankful for that.  With my luck, it would pick one of my heavier weights and stick with that.

I have four wonderful children.  They all have different characteristics, which keeps life amazing!  In the end, they have the same values.  This is the important thing.  They all know and love God.  They all know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lived and died for us and was risen on the third day.  Well, I am not sure if my toddler knows or not, but I do know my three older children do.  They know to treat others how they want to be treated. 

I know that it is a lot easier to gain weight than it is to lose weight.  I know that I need to find exercise I love or it just isn't going to happen.

Life is good and it is definitely worth all of the ups and downs.   There have been far many ups than downs.  I have been blessed to have many friends.  Many of my friends from childhood are still my friends today. 

This year has brought the knowledge that I suffer from celiac disease.  My life has changed tremendously in the last month.  Going from being a gluten eater to a non-gluten eater has not been easy, but I feel much better because of it.  I think I might have managed to lose 1 lb this year.  I lost more than 1 lb, but then I gained it all back so I lost a total of 1 lb.  At this rate, by the time I am 80, I will be my ideal weight.  Instead, I plan to reach my ideal weight, which is 40 lbs away, this year.  Why not lose 40 lbs at the age of 40?!  I know I can do it.  My biggest downfall was getting depressed after my sister moved out.  Food is a great comforter, I need to find a different one!

I am blessed to have the many good friends I have now.  Through many moves in the past 12 years, I have added many new friends while keeping previous friends (I am not sure they want to be called old friends!).  May Heavenly Father watch over all of you, my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment