Saturday, February 11, 2012

45 Years

45 years ago today, my parents made a trip to a small town in western New York.  They made wedding vows and headed off to start their life together.  That life together brought them from New York, to California, back to New York, to Houston, and then back to New York.  All six of us children were born in Houston.  We moved to New York when the youngest was almost 4 months old.  They raised us there and we have many memories as a family there.  When I talk about home, I am talking about that home... the one in New York.

My parents are amazing people, if I may say so myself.  They love being together.  They love going on dates together.  They love going to movies or on road trips.  They enjoy having the family around them.  They celebrated their 45th anniversary today by going out to eat with the family that is still there.  They then went to a movie.  My sister-in-law made them a cake.  I would have loved to have been there to celebrate this day with them, but I did speak to them on the phone. We all hope to be together for the 50th anniversary.  I am blessed to have them for my parents.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!  Thank you for teaching me how to be a good parent, by the example you set!  I love you both so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment