Friday, March 9, 2012

Four Children

I can't imagine my life without my little ones.  It is hard for me to believe that my oldest son will be 9 in less than 2 weeks, and my youngest is 5 months old.  There was a time when I didn't know if I would ever be blessed with children.  It was something I always wanted, I wanted to be a mommy.  When I gave birth, it was like I was meeting one of my best friends.  When I would hold them, it was magical.  The bonding would begin immediately.  I loved them before I ever held them.  I loved them as soon as I found out I was going to have them.

They make me laugh, they make me smile, they make me think.  My life is complete.  Life is amazing with the little ones.  Yes, some of them aren't so little anymore, but I still call them my little ones. 

We have been able to walk home from school the past couple of days.  It is wonderful to have that time to spend as we walk.  They like taking turns pushing the baby in the stroller.  When my 4 year-old's turn rolls around, the walk gets much slower.  The stroller handle is higher than he is tall.  We probably walk twice as far as we would have to, since the stroller begins weaving down the sidewalk.  I can't take away that privilege of pushing his little sister though, he loves it so much!  He loves everything about her, all of the children do.

I have had people say to me that they couldn't imagine having 4 children.  I can't imagine not having 4 children.  Each one is such a blessing.  Not one of them is the same.  They have their own personalities, their own sense of humor, their own smile, their own character traits.  They enjoy different things.  There is never a dull moment, and I hope to keep it that way!

To my four little ones... I love each of you!  I want you to know how blessed I am to be your mother.  I am so thankful for all you do, for the happiness you bring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment