Friday, March 30, 2012

My 9 Year-old Son

My son turned 9 years-old on March 17.  His favorite color is green... when asked why, it seems almost like we should have known... he was born on St. Patrick's Day!  That is his reason and it makes perfect sense to me.  :)

My brother and my father arrived here on Mar 16, surprised my children (my husband didn't know my dad was coming) and stayed until Sunday the 25th.  I didn't get to blog on his birthday, between working and hanging out, I didn't take the time out from the day.  I haven't taken the time out for quite a while, in fact, but I will do better.

For his birthday, he wanted to go to the Red Robin.  We obliged.  I love their French fries, with their fry sauce and seasoning. Red Robin is a burger restaurant with bottomless steak fries.  They are delicious! He wanted a Costco chocolate cake for his birthday.  These are giant cakes... 7 lbs,. but the most delicious chocolate cake I've ever had.  I had a few slices of it... with ice cream.

The only thing he wanted for his birthday was "Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story" for his DS... or something like that.  I got it for him.  He was so excited... he played it for a while.  His little brother wasn't amused that he had to wait to play.  I explained that it was a gift, and he had to let him play.

We were going to see "The Lorax," but decided to wait until my older brother got here the following week.  We saw it this past Saturday.  The kids all liked it a lot.

He had a good birthday.  We are going to have a joint birthday party for him and his sister with their friends.  We did that last year and it turned out well.  We just have to narrow down what they want to do.  We went to a movie last year the weekend before we moved out here.

I can't believe I have a 9 year-old.  He is one amazing fellow!  I am so thankful that I am his mom.  He is willing to help out however it is needed.  He doesn't give me a hard time.  He loves getting to hold his baby sister and he enjoys playing with my two middle children.  He is a wonderful son and big brother to all of the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment