Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Sickness...UGH

I have had someone sick in the house, almost daily, for over two-and-a-half weeks.  It isn't a fun sickness, not that any of them are, but it seems to spread like wildfire. 

My ten year-old woke up puking in middle of the night, first.  He felt better by about midday.  My husband was sick for about a week.  My brother, who came from Washington to visit, and my sister, got sick on Monday.  We blamed sushi they ate the night before.

By Tuesday, my toddler had started throwing up.  She had started to eat better on Saturday, so I was excited.  The puking was a huge setback as far as that goes.  By Thursday, I was throwing up.  On Friday, my toddler threw up again, and then again today.  My stomach felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly.  It was almost an unbearable pain. 

Today when my toddler threw up, it followed a bite of a fish stick.  She kind of acted like she was gagging or choking, and then came the puke.  I am wondering if she might have obtained a fish allergy.  I am going to have to watch that.

She was diagnosed with a sensory issue, where she doesn't want to swallow certain foods.  I am trying to figure out how to work my way through that.  It is quite disheartening to have made some progress with the eating, and then have her get sick.  She hasn't wanted to eat much since then but I keep trying.  I worry about her a lot.   I wish that she could talk

So far, my two middle children have avoided the illness.  I am hoping they can continue that.  Knowing the pain that it causes, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially them.

I just wanted to get caught up as to why I haven't been writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment