Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Day Without a Nap

My toddler didn't take a nap today.  This is the first day in her life that she didn't take a nap.  I am hoping that it isn't a new trend. 

I am a big fan of nap time.  I especially like it when I get to have a nap with her.  That hasn't happened in a while, due to my children being out of school.  I think that could also be the cause of the lack of a nap.  The children had a couple of friends over and my toddler likes to play with all the children also.

When it got to be around 7 PM, she wanted to go to sleep.  I didn't dare allow that, because I knew it would be a very bad idea.  We had to figure out how to keep her awake.  I brought her outside for a little while.  We sang some songs.  We watched some SpongeBob SquarePants.  That is her favorite show. 

When it got to be around 8 PM and I had to get in my two-mile run, my husband took her to the play room.  He brought a ball with him to distract her so I could go.  She is my biggest fan.  She almost always wants to go with me.  The only time she has not wanted to go was when she had been going on little trips all day long.  She would cry because she didn't want to get back in her seat.

I was gone for a little while.  When I came home, she was really excited to see me.  We went back outside for a couple of minutes, then I decided it was bath time.  She loves bath time.  This bought us about 30 more minutes of her being awake.  After her bath, she was ready to be asleep.  It took just a few minutes for her to doze off.  She is still asleep now, so I should probably go to sleep too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment