Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Time Again

My children love this time of October.  There are Halloween parties, trunk-or-treats, and then, of course, trick-or-treating.  I always loved Halloween.  I don't remember how old I was when I gave up Halloween, but I am sure I was a teen.  Who doesn't love free candy?!

I brought my children to a trunk-or-treat yesterday.  They got to wear their costumes.  My two sons are Mario and Luigi, my older daughter is a princess, and my toddler is a ladybug.  My toddler loved her costume so much that she wouldn't let me take it off.  I finally got it off today after she spilled water all over it and I convinced her that I had to wash it.
Halloween Costumes 2013

I don't generally dress up anymore.  I am contemplating being a marathon runner this year.  I have some marathon attire.  I just figure I will go for a run beforehand to get sweaty, throw on my marathon attire, and there I have it.  Maybe I will even get a free Krispy Kreme donut and Sweet Tooth Fairy Cupcake out of it :)  Who knows?!?

We are handing out bubble gum this year for Halloween.  I think it is much better for me to have gum in the house than to have a bunch of chocolate candy bars!  

After Halloween, I will be boiling and pureeing a lot of pumpkin to freeze and use later.  Then we will roast the seeds because those are a delicious treat. I love pumpkin, but I need to figure out other things to do with it besides cookies and pie, although both are delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment