Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Last Few Weeks

I haven't written in a little while.  I have suffered some pretty serious back pain, and I am trying to get that straightened out.  The pain led me to contact my previous employer, where I get to work from home.  I will be returning to that job.  My current job has chairs that are not cushioned very well, I have to bend over to adjust my desk, if there isn't a foot stand, I get to go looking for that and then bend over and stick it under my desk, after retrieving it from an empty desk.  I am blessed that I will be able to work from home again.  The only time I feel decent is in a hot bath tub or when I am moving.  Sitting in a reclined position is good as well.  I can't do any of those things at work!

I miss my kids A LOT and ALL OF THE TIME, when I am not home.  I worry about them.  I know my husband is fully capable of taking care of them, but I like to be here.  I feel like I have missed so much in their lives in the passed few months.  My toddler says a lot more than she did when I started working.  She speaks in complete sentences.  Sometimes she says really funny things, even if I can't remember them right now. 

One that I do remember is that she passed gas, loudly!  She looked at me and said, "Daddy did that!" 

I said, "Daddy did that?"

She looked around the room, and saw Hazel, our puppy.  She then said, "No, puppy did that!" 

I laughed and laughed.  My husband and she laughed about it too.

My six year-old is reading more.  I am so proud of him.  He started extended day Kindergarten at the beginning of February and he seems to be picking things up quickly. 

My nine year-old daughter recently discovered that she loves to run.  Due to my long work hours and commute time, I never see them after school, they are asleep by the time I get home.  I plan to start running again, and bringing her along.

My ten year-old son seems to have matured a ton.  He is more patient with his younger siblings.   He has grown taller.  He is just a wonderful big brother.

My life will be back to normal in a few days.  I can't wait until I am back at home, full-time!  I will be back where I belong :)


No comments:

Post a Comment