Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby's First Baby Food (Mar 30, 2012)

My daughter who will be 6 months old on Apr 5 had her first baby food on Friday.  She had eaten little bites of Rice Krispies here and there and bites of other things, but no baby food.  I bought her a jar of baby squash.  I remembered that my other children liked squash, so I thought that would be a safe one to start with.  Her older sister had been wanting to feed her, so I allowed her to give the first few bites. Her first bites of baby food were on Mar 30, 2012.


Feeding a baby isn't easy though.  They don't chew and swallow... they roll it around in their mouths, swallow some, spit a lot back out.  My older daughter was having a hard time understanding what to do with the regurgitated food.


 She gave up trying to feed her little sister after a little while.   She did a good job.  I don't know if it might have made her stomach turn every time her sister would spit food out.  My daughter handed me the spoon and jar and told me I could feed her.  I fed her few a couple seconds until my 4 year-old decided he wanted to help out. 

 He fed her for a few minutes and then decided he would like to be the photographer.  He took some pictures and then she decided she was done eating.  She liked her food.

 


 When she was done eating,  I wiped her face with the bib and she was nice and clean.  I will be getting her more squash soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment