Monday, March 4, 2013

New Work Schedule

My husband has a new work schedule.  He got it today.  I think it is much better for family life than his current one.  He starts a 9 am to 6 pm schedule tomorrow.  He had been working 11 am to 8 pm for a couple weeks, and then 11:30 to 8:30 pm for several months prior to that.  Those were a hard schedule, especially with the children in school.  They didn't get to spend much time with their dad.  It is nice he will continue to get weekends off as well.

It is amazing to see how much my children have grown.  The baby runs around now.  She makes a lot of sounds.  Very few of her words are understandable.  I am working on learning some sign language to teach her so we can communicate better.  She knows "more" and "chocolate."  We are working on "yes" and "no."  We are also working on "apple."  It is hard to know what words we should really be going after.

It is fun to see how the older children play with the baby.  You wouldn't imagine that they could all have fun together, but I walk in and they are just having a great time.  They have a lot of good times together, laughing and playing. 

Today I went out and bought some stainless steel trash cans.  My two youngest children decided that they would be fun to use as drums.  I didn't imagine that use for them, but thankfully, they aren't bad drummers. :) 

Since my husband has his new schedule, I need to get all the children to their respective schools now.  The mornings should be quite interesting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment