Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sick Baby and Pinewood Derby Car

Last night seemed like a common night.  I fell to sleep before midnight, as did the rest of my children.  The baby sleeps with me.  I feel more comfortable having her close by.  I fell to sleep on the couch.

At about 3 AM, I woke up to my baby coughing.  Then I felt it, the unmistakable feeling of being puked on.  I grabbed her and ran upstairs.  I first ran into the bedroom and alerted my husband of the happenings, he was sound asleep.  He told me to bring her into the bathroom.  I should have realized that was where I should have headed to begin with, but being 3 AM, my head wasn't really working correctly.

Once I got into the bathroom, I hovered her above the toilet so she could finish puking.  After she was finished puking, I brought her in to my husband so she could get a blessing.  That was the only time she puked last night, but I stayed up for a few hours just holding her and making sure she was okay.

We think that she just had a lot of phlegm in her throat which caused the problem.   She seems to be feeling better today.  For breakfast I gave her a piece of bread, for lunch she had some dry cereal and for dinner she had some crackers, noodles and some tuna fish.  I didn't want to overwhelm her little stomach in case it still didn't feel good.

This month is my son's Pinewood Derby for scouts.  He is excited to get to work on it.  I hope that it turns out well.  I am going to have to figure out how they work on those.  I don't imagine that nine year-olds should be working with power saws or anything like that.  I value my son's appendages.  I imagine that if we do have to use a power saw, I will have my husband do that part, while all the kids are at school.  Yes, this is the anxiety I previously discussed speaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment