Monday, October 21, 2013

"His Hair Popped Out"



A couple of nights ago, I was acting like I didn't know who anyone else was, when I was talking to my five year-old son.  After he explained to me who he was, he went on to explain to me who my husband is.  He told me that Keith is my guy.  I asked him what Keith looks like.  He said that he is bald. 

I said, "Are you kidding?  I married a bald person?" 

He said, "He wasn't bald when you married him.  He had hair when you dated him and when you married him.  Then he went on a mission and all his hair popped out."

We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  My husband went on a mission when he was 19.  His hair started falling out while he was on his mission.  We were not married, I didn't even know him yet.  I met him when he was 26 and I was 27.  He was bald then.  I found it amusing what my five year-old's idea was about when we got married. 

I also found it very amusing how he explained "his hair popped out."  I imagine that he might think that when someone goes bald, they go to sleep with a full head of hair and wake up with none.  That would be quite traumatizing!

I wish I could remember other funny things the children have said.  I need to start writing them down!  


No comments:

Post a Comment