Monday, October 14, 2013

The Season is Over

Tonight my son played his last flag football game of the season.  The season went quickly.  His team won two games.  One was due to forfeit.  I couldn't watch a few of games, which made me sad.  For some of the season, we had a vehicle that would only seat 5 people, and being in a family of 6, someone has to stay home.  I stayed home with my toddler.  Then she got sick, so I stayed home with her again. 

My son came home from one of his games with his eyes beaming.  He sacked the quarterback on fourth down and goal.  I was so proud of him; I had wished I could have been there.  I was there tonight.  It was their playoff game.  No one gave them any hope.  I went with my son, just him and I.  I was quite sure that there would only be one game.  My husband stayed home with our toddler and three other children.  It was chilly and there was a drizzling rain.  We didn't want the children to get a cold.

I told my husband that we would be home after the game, unless they won.  They did win.  My son got the flag a few times and caught a pass.  The pass didn't count because there was a penalty, but he still caught it.  It was the first time I had seen him get a ball thrown to him.  He also got a kickoff and ran for a few yards.  I was so proud of the team!

Since the team won the first game tonight, they got to play a second game an hour later.  I offered to get the snacks for after that game.  I got them some M&M cookies and Caprisun.  The second game did not go as well.  My son had some good plays.  The whole team did well.  Sometimes you just can't win. 

I am thankful that he had the opportunity to play with this team.  His coach was wonderful.  It was my son's first season of flag football.  He learned a lot.  I think it is important for children to learn how to play on a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment