Monday, June 25, 2012

A Walk to Target

This evening, I took my two youngest children on a walk to Target.  It was a nice walk.  I had the baby strapped into the baby carrier.  This always helps her to fall to sleep.  I just think the movement and the sound of my heartbeat is soothing to her.  She has not popped out a tooth yet, so we are still waiting for that.  She has been a little miserable lately, so I imagine that big event is right around the corner. 

As we were walking, we walked past the school which had its sprinklers on.  My 4 year-old loved every second of that.  I kept track of him as I didn't want him to try to run out of them and dart into the road.  The road is one of the two main thoroughfares through town.  He didn't get very wet on the way there. 

We walked there because we needed dishwasher tablets.  We ran out last night.  If I want clean dishes, I need those.  I don't have time to go and wash dishes, and it is easier for the children to load the dishwasher, and I don't have to worry about how well they washed them

When we got to Target, we went looking for the dishwashing detergent.  I finally had to ask someone where it was.  She brought me right there.  My son wanted a new Beyblade.  When we were there earlier today, I bought him one.  It keeps him occupied while I try to get some of my work done.  He loves the thing.  To me, it is just another thing to be sure I don't step on, because a- it will hurt and b-it would break, which would lead to much sadness.

After we got the detergent, I ordered 2 Icees from the little dining area.  I ordered one large and one small.  I intended to have the large, but my son announced that he wanted a large too.  I gave that to him.  We filled it up with a mix of blue raspberry and cherry.  I had cherry.  While we were walking home, he looked up, and noticed for the first time that I had a small one.  He asked me why.  I told him because he wanted the large one, so I let him have it.  He gave his to me, and told me I could have a taste.  I thought that was sweet of the little guy.  Mine was to the point that makes you realize why they are also called "slurpees."  I was trying to get the last drops out.

We walked through the sprinklers on the way home too.  He got soaked this time.  He knew that we had already accomplished going to the store and looking like we didn't wet ourselves.  The baby was still sleeping, until she got a few drops of the cold water and quickly woke up.  She just kept looking up at me, wondering what I was doing.

It was nice to get back home.  To walk into the A/C... except for the A/C was off.  I promptly turned it back on.  As I sit and write this a few hours later, it is very cool again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment