Sunday, June 24, 2012

Where Did the Time Go?

I am pretty sure that today, the baby has been alive longer than I was pregnant with her.  If only my pregnancy went this quickly!  If you read my blog while I was pregnant, you know that I have/had a rare pregnancy rash.  Yes, I still suffer from Pemphigoid Gestationis.  The longest someone has had it post pregnancy is 7 years.  I am hoping that I don't beat any records.  I have been off the prednisone since March.  I am learning to deal with it.  It isn't as severe as when I was pregnant, thank goodness!

As I write tonight, my baby girl is sleeping soundly on my lap.  She was 16 lbs 2 oz last Sunday, when we went to urgent care.  She was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis.  That is the first time she had a fever, that wasn't shot related.  She must be near 27 inches by now.  She grows like a weed. 

She is my biggest fan.  She loves being with me.  She prefers me over everyone.  The only thing I can come up with, is she knows that I am the one that feeds her most often.  If I had someone that I depended on for food, I think I would want to stay close to that person also. 

I have a 9 year-old... I can't believe that it has been over 9 years since I first became a mom.  My 9 year-old is wonderful.  He is a sensitive little guy.  He likes to please others.  He likes to see people happy.  He is a loyal fella.   He is a great big brother to all his siblings.  They are lucky to have him.  He loves all his siblings.  He likes being tucked in at night and say his prayers with his baby sister there.

13 months and 13 days after the birth of my 9 year-old, we welcomed my daughter into our family.  She came into the world, making some whimpers and crying.  It was a most welcome sound.  My son didn't make any noise, which I learned is because he wasn't breathing.  He was ran immediately to NICU.  When I heard her cry, tears welled up in my eyes.  She is strong-minded.  She knows how she wants things, and she doesn't like to budge.  She is a protector.  She will not allow anything to happen to her siblings if she can prevent it.  She is a lot like me in that way.  She is a very outgoing child, she has never gone without a friend.  Since the time she was a toddler, she could make a friend, even if we were hours from home.

We welcomed my son when the children were 3 and 4 years-old.  I gave birth after they went to sleep one night, so they found out in the morning that they had another sibling.  They stopped by and met the baby after school.  My 4 year-old looked at his baby brother and stated "I think I love him."  That was good news :)  My daughter wanted to hold him, he was a living doll.  He has grown to be a funny little fellow.  He enjoys telling knock-knock jokes.  They aren't really ones that make a lot of sense, but they are funny because he tells them.  One of them:  Knock, knock.  Who's there?  Mommy?  Mommy who?  You are mommy!  :)

When this little one I was holding was born, I had a 3 yr old, 7 yr old and 8 yr old.  My sister brought them to the hospital to meet her, before they went to school.  They were at the hospital when she was born.  They got to meet her when she was still less than an hour old.  They each got to hold her, sitting down.  In these months that have passed, they can hold her standing up. They adore her.  They watch out for her.

It seems like yesterday that I became a mother for the 4th time.  It doesn't seem like more than 4 years that I became a mother for the first time.  Where does time go?

I am so thankful for the blessings I have in my life.  My children make me so happy.  I, like most mothers, would do anything for then.  As I watch them grow, I see the people they are becoming.  I hope that they will always respect others and treat them well.  I hope they have good friends that lift them up and they do the same in return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment