Friday, February 8, 2013

Getting Older...

My kids are 9, 8, 5 and 1 (16 months).  It is hard to believe that my baby is 1!  It is hard to believe my oldest is 9 and will soon be in the double digits.  They truly amaze me!  They get along so well, when they want to.  They make me smile, knowing the age difference, and how well they get along with their younger siblings. 

My one year-old likes to hang out with me during the day, but once her siblings return from school, she prefers to be with them.  I used to be the best thing in the world to her.  She seems to hold her sister and brothers in that regard now.  

My children make me smile much more often than not.  They try to be a friend to everyone.  They make me proud when I see how they treat others.  Today was designated as #BeAFriend day in Utah.  They invited a friend over after school that they hadn't seen in a while.  I made a batch of brownies while they were at school so they could bring them to another friend.

I can tell I am getting older.  I have pains that I have always hoped would subside but it seems at times that they are just getting worse.  I have been in two car accidents in my life, one someone backed into a vehicle I was exiting, the other someone rear ended my vehicle.  Both ended up messing up my back, and one screwed up my left shoulder.  Some days those injuries really bother me.  Today, on my run, the shoulder injury really started throbbing.  I try to move it around to ease the pain, but it doesn't seem to work.

My husband will be 38 at the end of the month.  I married him when he was 26, I was 27.  He hasn't really changed in the last (almost) twelve years that I've known him.  I don't think he has gained more than 3 to 5 pounds.  He still works out whenever he can.  We don't have a gym membership so it mostly consists of push-ups, sit-ups, and going on walks.

I am thankful that we are all getting older.  It sure beats the alternative :)



No comments:

Post a Comment