Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Snow is Melting

I am happy to report that our snow in the front yard is not as deep as it was last week.  I am not a fan of snow now, nor do I ever expect to be.  I have had people question why I would move from Western New York to Utah if I hated snow.  I did it because my midwife, Karen McBride, is awesome.  If I hadn't been pregnant when we made this move, there would be no way I would be living in Utah right now.  She delivered my first two children and then my last baby.  My third child was born in Western New York, and thankfully, I was blessed to find a wonderful doctor there also.

My children have enjoyed being able to play outside again.  There is still snow, but it is warm enough that they can be outside and not suffer frostbite in a number of minutes.  The melting snow makes me very happy.  I think it will take about another week of temperatures above freezing for it to completely go away.   I am not sure that will be happening anytime soon.

My sister and her family visited us this weekend.  It was wonderful to see them again.  I am thankful that I have a sister that lives with me.  I always look forward to having family visit.  It seems like so long between visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment