Saturday, December 17, 2011

Birthday Celebration

My 3 year-old will turn 4 on Tuesday.  So hard to believe!  He is such an amazing little fella.  I have been blessed with 2 amazing little fellas and 2 amazing little girlies.  We celebrated his birthday today.  He wanted a cake with gummy bears and eyeballs.  My sister and I set out to fulfill this wish.  We went to Macey's (a grocery store in the area) and purchased a small cake.  When I say small, I think it was no more than 4 inches in diameter and 2 layers.  It was a white cake with butter cream frosting. The cake had a giant poinsettia flower on the top... thus the eyeball.  We bought some gummy bears and put them all over the cake.

My sister and husband brought the 3 older children to the indoor play area and I stayed home with the baby.  They were gone for about an hour and then returned home.  During that time, I did some work on my computer. When they returned home, we put the gummy bears on the cake and then sang Happy Birthday.  He opened his gifts.  He got a Webkinz Tree Frog, a race track with 2 cars (the big hit of the party), and a set of his own anti-plastic dishes, made from corn and dishwasher safe, by Zoe b Organic.

For supper, he wanted hot dogs, potato chips and strawberries.  That is what he got.  I also bought black olives because I know he loves them.  He ended up eating most of them, which is fine.  He had a horrible time trying to open his hot dog bun.  The top half ripped apart, which frustrated him. Luckily, bread can be squished back together.  So that is what I did.  I then put his hot dog in the bun for him.  He could eat hot dogs and strawberries all day if I let him.  Yesterday he ate 4 hot dogs right out of the package.  That is something I did as a child, but I couldn't imagine doing it now!

My sister and I went and picked up a few things at the mall this afternoon.  It was packed.  We got a good parking spot though.  It is crazy how busy it gets this close to Christmas.  We also wrapped gifts this morning.  This evening we went on a walk around a .47 mile track.  It was getting dark so we only did one lap.  We will have to go earlier next time.

I gained 1.4 pounds this week.  It doesn't make any sense to me because I am sticking with my points.  I just think I am fighting a losing battle with Prednisone.  I guess it is better that I lose it and then gain it, than just keep gaining.  I look so forward to when I can finally be done with the medication!  I think I need to discuss the weight gain with the doctor and see if there is any way to counteract it.  We shall see!

It was an overall good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment