Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Concert

My daughter recently had her Christmas concert.  She had been practicing 3 mornings a week.  My 8 year-old son had also been going.  For whatever reason, he decided not to sing in the concert. 

I was able to go and watch the rehearsal during school hours, and then my husband went that evening and watched.  It was very impressive.  When I walked in to the room where they were rehearsing, it took me a couple of minutes to spot my daughter.  I looked up and down the risers until I found her.  She must have seen me right away, because once I found her, I smiled and waved.  She smiled and waved back. 

My 7 year-old daughter loves to sing.  She will sing in the bathtub, shower, in bed, wherever she is, she will sing.  She told my mom that she wants to sing a solo at school.  I have no doubt that will happen.  She sings well, and she has that outgoing personality that she could just get up there and belt out a song without thinking twice.  I am the opposite.  I would see all the people sitting out there and possibly start to cry.  I wouldn't really cry, but I don't think I would be able to move my mouth.  They would be thankful, since I am not a good singer anyway.

They sang several fun songs for the concert.  I think most of them were the usual... Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Jingle Bell Rock, and a few others.  She stood up there with a big smile on her face and sang.  I would have enjoyed watching my son sing too, but I can't make him sing if he doesn't want to. 

She would like to be a professional singer someday.  I tell her she can do anything she wants.   I am proud of her for sticking with something she loves.

We went to a grocery store today and they had Santa Claus there.  My 7 year-old and 3 year-old were with me.  They both got a picture with him.  We have to go back to get the pictures.  It certainly is getting close to Christmas.  This is an exciting time of year. 

I lost 1 pound this week.  I was happy.  If I average a pound a week, I will be to my ideal weight according to Weight Watchers, in 51 weeks.  That will work for me.  I am still taking Prednisone, so every pound I lose is an effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment