Monday, April 30, 2012

My 8 Year-old Daughter

Eight years ago today I met one of my best friends.  I gave birth to a beautiful little girl 8 years ago today, shortly after noon.  I had gone into labor the night before while I was at work.  I waited to go in and see my doctor until the next day, when she announced I was at 3 cm.  I was ordered to go to the hospital and prepare to have my baby girl.  I had to get my husband from work. 

I picked him up and then we had to figure out who could watch my 13 month-old son while I gave birth.  Since he was a C-section, my baby girl would be born via C-section as well.  I called everyone I knew.  Everyone was at Womens Conference except my visiting teacher.  Although she had a young child herself, she came to the hospital and sat with my son so my husband could be with me. 

She has grown a lot since that day.  She loves to read.  She is an outgoing child with many friends.  She is protective of her brothers.  She reminds me a lot of myself.  Her favorite colors are pink and purple.  She enjoys cooking.  She is still in the beginning stages, but she can make a good bowl of ramen noodles.  She loves those!  On more than one occasion, she has asked for Ramen noodles w/ chicken, corn and peas, as her meal for the week.  She has recently made chocolate chip pancakes (a favorite that her grandma makes), macaroni and cheese, and Rice Krispies treats.  She even prepared the dough for oatmeal cookies one day.  She has developed a love for Food Network.  "Sweet Genius" and "Chopped" rate high on her list of favorite shows.

Tonight we went to an indoor playground and had supper and let the children play.  Saturday was the birthday party.  My two oldest children had their party together, they went to see "Chimpanzee" with their friends.  Needless to say, I didn't get to see much of it, but I am glad the children had a great time!  We got a cake from Costco and I bought ice cream and strawberries from Wal-Mart.  That was a fun day as well.

I am so thankful that my daughter was born 8 years ago.  It was a wonderful day in my life and I thank our Heavenly Father daily for her and my other children.

No comments:

Post a Comment