Thursday, April 5, 2012

Six Months Ago

Six months ago, I gave birth to my little girl.  It is hard for me to believe that it has been 6 months since I was blessed with her in my life.  I am so thankful for the health of all four of my children.

It is amazing how fast they grow up.  They are born being completely dependent on someone they don't even recognize.  She wouldn't have known me from any other woman in the world.  A baby's life literally depends on their family.  At birth, a baby is a spastic, uncoordinated, very flexible person.  There were times she would hit herself in the face, or kick herself in her bootie. My older children found it quite hilarious that she would kick herself.

Today, she knows who I am.  She isn't a fan of me leaving the room, let alone the house, without her.  She will often break out in a full-fledged cry. Perhaps it is because she sees her buffet leaving.  Who knows?  You can already tell that she has an amazing sense of humor.  Sometimes she will laugh so hard that she has to stop to take a breath.  She likes to figure things out too.  Yesterday, my husband came home from work and fell asleep on the couch.  She was in her Bumbo seat sitting next to me.  My husband started to snore, and she was leaning over in his direction just looking at him.  She couldn't figure out what was wrong, or right for that matter, with her daddy, but she certainly wanted to.

My children still love to hold her.  It is the first thing they want to do in the morning when they wake up.  Even if she is still asleep.  I love to see them with her.  You can see complete love in their eyes.  When she is awake, it is reciprocated.  She will sometimes look at them, and they don't know it, and she will just smile so big.  I enjoy seeing her, and my other three children, growing up. 

As a parent, I have always wanted my children to be happy.  For the most part, they always are.  There are definitely those moments when they want something that they don't need, that they aren't too happy when I say no.  There is also chore time which is not always a joyous time.  Those are just small moments, compared to the eternal perspective.  

Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment