Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Running Again

Last week I found a Couch to 5K (C25K) program online.  I had started to feel that I was trying to do too much, too soon.  I guess that I had been driven by pride, trying to get back to those days of running miles at a time.  I had to finally breakdown and admit to myself that I was just overdoing it.  My body was hurting and it just wasn't too much fun.  It was actually quite the opposite... depressing.  I thought that I should be able to run miles at a time in no time flat... since I have run a couple marathons.  It just doesn't work that way.

I asked my daughter if she wanted to do the C25K with me.  Then I asked my 9 year-old son.  My 4 year-old also wanted to join in.  So, I had my crew and they wanted to join in.  My husband also decided that he would like to give it a try.  My sister has a bad knee, so she stays home with my baby.

The plan for running is quite easy, and it is nothing I have done before.  I have never done a walk/run plan.  It seems to be working for all of us.  I don't feel like I am doing more than I should.  I am enjoying the time with my family.  I enjoy being able to share my love of running with them.  My daughter started to show an interest in running with me right before I found out I was pregnant with my baby.  We had gone out running a couple times before that.  I would let her lead the way, she would pace the run. 

I am so excited to be doing this with the children and my husband.  I hope that someday they will be running the long distances with me.  It takes a lot of time and a lot of training, but I would love to have someone running a half-marathon or a marathon with me.  Someone that I can talk to and have motivate me to keep going.  I believe it would go a lot faster with someone beside me.

We are currently in the second week of our nine week program.  I will keep updates on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment