Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's 8:00 AM...

These were the first words I heard from my 8 year-old this morning.  I sat up, looked at him, and asked him why he wasn't dressed for school yet.  He looked back at me and said that he had just woke up.  We don't ever sleep this late around here.  If it were a weekend, this would have been a good morning.  Instead, it was a school day.

I was thankful that my son had woke me up.  He is a very responsible little guy.  I can imagine that other children would have taken advantage of their mother being sound asleep.  After his notification, I got up, got my daughter up and then started getting ready for the day.  Today, we would not walk to school.  We would be happy just getting there in the van, on time.  We completed that goal.  I told the little ones that I loved them as they exited.

I had woke up at 5:39 am to make sure that my husband was up and around.  Not to mention the several times during the night to make a run to the bathroom.  Being 32 weeks pregnant tends to make me visit the bathroom more than usual when I should otherwise be sleeping.  I wonder how late I would have slept if I had the chance!

I returned home to where my youngest was still sleeping.  He was there with his Aunt.  He had announced last night that he would not wear a diaper to sleep.  He has been potty trained for months now, but I still put the night-time diaper on him.  There has not been many accidents in the past few weeks, so I decided that I would listen to him.  He had never told me that he would not wear a diaper to sleep, he usually just asks for it when he is ready to go to bed.  So, this morning, I was a little concerned for what may have happened in the past 10 to 11 hours, especially since he had even woke up to have a drink of water in middle of the night.  I was thrilled when I realized that he had made it through the night without any problem. 

With that said, I want to take a moment to give thanks for those that live with me, and let them know I love them...

I am so thankful for my three children and our little girl who will be making her grand entrance in October.  I am blessed to have been given the chance to be their mother.  They make me smile just by seeing them.  They have such wit and wisdom.  They make every day so much brighter.

I am thankful for my husband for the love and support he has always given me. He makes me laugh when it doesn't seem like laughing is possible.  He knows how to put things into perspective.  He is a great father to our children.  He teaches them things that they should know.  He takes time out of his day to make sure to have quality time with them.

I am thankful for my sister, Brenda, for coming out here with us.  I am thankful that the children have had this time with her, that they would have possibly never had, otherwise.  I am blessed to have a sister, a friend, that would change her original plans of where she was moving and come to stay with us.  It has been a wonderful time and I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment