Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Husband, My Protector, My Best Friend

I got married to my best friend on Sept 7, 2001.  It is hard to believe that it has been almost 10 years.  He is my stronghold.  He makes me a better person.  I would not be the person I am today without him. 

He makes me laugh, he is there to wipe my tears (there are a lot more when I am pregnant).  He gives me a back or foot massage when I ask for one.  Another thing that goes along well with pregnancy!  He shares his hopes and dreams with me.  We make plans for our future together.  I look forward to him walking through the door after work.  I try to make sure that I am awake to see him off to work on the days that I am not carpooling in with him.  It is nice to have a morning prayer and a kiss, even if it is before 6 am.  If I am not awake, he lets me sleep, knowing that I must need it.  He cares about my feelings and never wants to see me hurt. 

He tries to protect me from things that he knows would bother me.  He knows me well enough to know what will make me mad or sad.  He asks people to not tell me things if he knows it might cause me concern.  He knows my temper (yes, I have one!).  Sometimes things are better left unsaid, if I don't know them, then it won't hurt me or upset me.  Although, I like to think I know everything (haha, what woman doesn't like to think that), he knows that it is better for me not to know.  I don't call this lying, I would call this protecting.  If something is going to upset someone, why should they know it?!  I mean, if it isn't going to kill them or hurt them not to know...

I couldn't have married a better man.  He loves me, he loves the children, and he loves his Heavenly Father.  He serves others, he is always looking for a chance to help others.  For the past couple of months, he has had a muscle strain that we thought was a hernia.  The doctor informed us that he is very certain that it isn't a hernia, but he isn't to strain himself.  He has to take it easy so he can heal.  This has cut back on his ability to help others.  He always wants to offer to help people move in to, or out of their apartment.  I have to remind him that he has to heal. 

He is truly my best friend.  I can't say what my life would be like if I had never met him.  I am so glad that I don't have to know!  We beat odds in meeting each other, as I was living in NY and he was living in CA.  It was a chance encounter on LDSchat.com.  We hit things off immediately, he had served his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Mission.  That is the mission that I lived in.  I had entered the chat as NYLady.  He said that he served his mission in NY.  I was all ready to tell him that there is more to NY than the city.  I asked him where exactly.  He said  "Jamestown."  That is where it started, he was talking about a city less than 60 miles to the west of me.  We chatted late into the night...and every night there after.  At that is my happily, ever after.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you found Keith! He is a great man. I agree that sometimes it is better not to know something. I try not to tell my husband things that would hurt his feelings or make him upset.

    I cannot believe you have been married for that long!

    ReplyDelete