Thursday, September 29, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby

Well, knowing that my daughter will very likely be born within the next couple of weeks has put me into what many people refer to as the "nesting mode."  I sit here and realize that there is so much that has to be done.  I need to set up the Pack 'N Play which arrived yesterday.  First I need to admit I have to figure out where to set it up.  We live in a three bedroom apartment... each room has 2 beds in it, except for mine, which has 2 big dressers, a night stand, a queen size bed and a stand which my husband's brother made him.  Needless to say, there isn't much room in any of the bedrooms.  She will end up in my room, I just need to do some redecorating first.

The housework is the fun part (very sarcastically spoken).  I try to convince my children that cleaning IS NOT a punishment.  We all have to participate because we all contribute to how the house looks on a daily basis.  The older children like to think that my youngest is the only one that messes up the house.  Once they get started on chores, it goes much better.   The moments leading up to that are not so much fun.  I guess I haven't ever met a child that really looks forward to doing chores.  Before we moved from NY, the children helped out really well.  I need to propose the same reward I used to give them.  They would get electronics (computer, DS) for the same amount of time that they cleaned.  We would set the timer for 20 minutes, and if they cleaned that whole time, they would get to play the electronic of their choice for that long.  If anyone else has a good suggestion on what has worked with their children and chore time, I am always open for ideas!

I have to admit the excitement of meeting our newest baby is really setting in.  I look forward to seeing her and holding her.   I have imagined what she will look like for months now.   I wonder how big or little she will be, what color hair she will have, but I have to admit, I would be very surprised if she doesn't have blue eyes at birth.  My older two held on to the blue eyes until they were almost 2 yrs old, my youngest will be keeping his blue eyes, like his daddy.

My children are also very excited about their baby sister arriving soon.  We are not sure if she will be here next week or the following week.  It depends how this rash is affecting me -- currently I itch like crazy, and if I don't itch I feel like my stomach is on fire, or both at the same time.  She could be here in a matter of 5 to 6 days, if things get better, she will be here no later than two weeks from today, as long as the amniocentesis shows that her lungs are mature.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment