Saturday, November 19, 2011

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving Day right around the corner, I can't help but think of all I am thankful for.  This has been quite the crazy year, to say the least.  We decided to move to Nevada and rented a Penske truck with the destination near Reno.  We would drop the Penske truck off there after we unloaded it into the house that we were planning to rent.  The day we picked up the Penske truck, we found out that the house we were going to rent was not going to work out.  They wanted 6 months of rent, up front, because neither Keith nor I, had a job lined up.  That would have about equaled the amount of a down payment to buy a house.

At this time, I knew I was pregnant.  I had given birth to my first two children in Ogden UT.  I knew that I loved the midwife that I had seen during those pregnancies.  I had wanted her to deliver all my children, but my third was born in NY.  That was fine, I had a wonderful doctor there.  If I were still in NY, I would have had him deliver my fourth baby as well.  I think he is the best OB/GYN in the area.  So, when the house didn't work out, I told my husband that we might as well move back to UT, so my midwife could deliver this baby as well.  So, the day that we were leaving, we decided that our final destination would be UT instead of NV.

We loaded up our children and off we went.  My 3 year-old rode with my husband and I, my 7 year-old (6 at the time) rode with my sister, and my 8 year-old rode with his Grandpa.  This was pretty much for the duration of the trip.  I had purchased a Nintendo DS for each of them, so they would have something to do on their trip.  That made the trip much better for all of us.

Upon arrival in UT, we stayed with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  They were kind enough to let us stay for a few days while we found and secured a place to stay.  We found a place quickly, because I knew that my father would be leaving in a few days, and I didn't want him to worry about where we would live.  The night before Dad left, I was in tears.  I knew that it would be a while before I would see him again.

I found a job quickly and started working with a wonderful bunch of women (and a man).  They quickly became good friends of mine.  It made my life better to have met them.  It was an extra bonus to be able to make some money while my husband looked for work.  I had initially planned to only work until he found a job, but I enjoyed going to work and the people I worked with.  I worked until 9 days before I had my baby. My sister now works there in my place.  I was blessed with a supervisor that understood when I wasn't feeling well, and tried to make me comfortable even during the worst time of my Pemphigoid Gestationis.  She is a wonderful woman and I am blessed to have her as a friend.

I am thankful today that we have a place to live and my husband has a job.  I am thankful that I was able to have my daughter here in UT, I am not sure I would have been diagnosed correctly if I had still been in NY.  I was misdiagnosed when I was pregnant with my 3 year-old, since it is such a rare condition.  I am thankful that my children attend a good school and have good teachers.  I am thankful that my 3 year-old was able to start preschool.  He loves it!  I am thankful for the friends that I have made here. I am thankful for a healthy family.  I am thankful that my husband found some money today that he had thought he lost on our move. The only thing that I miss is my friends and family in NY.  If I could move them all here, this would be the perfect place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment