Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Need Your Vote... and a Power Nap at 8:15 P.M.

First of all, I am requesting a favor from my readers.  My in-laws (the Dilleys) have been chosen as 1 out of 9 finalists to receive a home makeover worth $20,000 from Home Depot.  They could really use the help in updating their home.  Please take the time to read their story and cast your vote here: Vote for the Dilleys and click on the Gift for Good . I would also appreciate it if you would share the link with others.  Thank you all in advance!

Last night, my 3 year-old son went to sleep at 8:15 pm.  I was thrilled, as he had been staying up until midnight.  My 8 week-old stayed up til after 1 am on Monday night.  I was looking forward to a good night's sleep.  Not a great night's sleep, but at least a good night's sleep.  Fast forward to 9:30 pm, I was watching the end of the Duke vs Ohio State Basketball massacre.  I hear the pitter-patter of my son's feet running down the hallway.  I almost cried, not seriously, but I thought about it.

I tried to convince him to go back to sleep upon his arrival in the family room.  I told him he was really tired.  I told him he really had to go to sleep.  I offered him bribes.  He wasn't falling for any of my tricks.  I might have had a little more luck if there wasn't a computer turned on, which he took control of quickly.  At 10 pm, I wanted to watch "Chopped" on the Food Network.  I am a huge fan of that show... I started watching it after the birth of my 8 week-old.  I ended up watching "Wow Wow Wubbzy."   I hoped that would put him to sleep.  That was on for an hour.  I hoped to watch the next episode of "Chopped" at 11 pm.  Instead, I watched "Nihao Kai-lan,"  then I watched "Little Bill."  I completely missed both episodes of "Chopped," and he was still awake.  Oh, I forgot to mention that my baby was awake by this time too.

I switched the channel to the "Late Show with Craig Ferguson."  I never watch that, but I was hoping it would bore my 3 year-old to sleep.  Nope... at 12:30 pm, I switched to "Storage Wars."  I enjoy this show as well.  He was asleep by 12:45 am.  My baby had fallen to sleep a little after midnight.  I believe I managed to fall to sleep a little after 1 am. 

My 3 year-old woke up around 8:40 this morning.  I am not sure if this means he will be going to sleep early tonight because he will be so tired after not getting enough sleep.  Trust me, I didn't wake him up, I fully planned to sleep til at least 10 am after waking up to get my older children off to school.  I have no problem falling back to sleep these days.  I think I will be scared if he does go to sleep any earlier than 9 pm. 

I am not sure how I will sleep tonight.  We have a high wind watch, sustained winds of 45-60 mph with gusts up to 75 mph for tonight.  We have a huge pine tree right outside my apartment.  With the winds howling tonight, I will hope to get some sleep, but it isn't too promising to get a good night sleep.  So, in the end, pray for the tree to stay intact.

I did get to spend quality time with my 3 year-old last night when everyone else was sleeping, so that is the bright side. Life is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment