Thursday, November 10, 2011

Veteran's Day and Other Thoughts

First and foremost, I am not sure if I will be blogging tomorrow or not, so I wanted to put out a special thank you to all the Veterans out there.  My father is a Vietnam Veteran.  I am thankful for his service to our country and service that all the other Veterans have given.  Without them, we would not have the freedoms we enjoy today. 

My baby is 5 weeks and 1 day old now.  It is hard to believe how quickly this time goes.  She grows every day, I am sure.  She is almost not fitting into her newborn clothing anymore.  When I brought her home, I wondered how long it would be until it actually fit her.  We were looking at preemie clothes at one point.  I am glad we didn't purchase those, she would have probably fit in them for about a week.

My older children still adore her.  I didn't know if it would wear off quickly.  It hasn't.  They still wake up and the first thing they want to do is hold her.  I usually give in, even though she is still sleeping, because they have to leave for school and won't see her for several hours.  My youngest son doesn't care to help with the dirty diapers anymore though.  I guess that was just a passing thing.  No one really cares to help with the dirty diapers for that matter.  My sister does change them if I am busy or gone.  My husband will change them too, if I am no where around.

Beat the Clock cleaning is still going well.  The house stays maintained.  I guess we need to add a little extra time to declutter a few places that could use it.  I seem to be in charge of the daily things... dishes and laundry.  I don't think that would get done otherwise, and neither are pleasant if they are not cleaned!

I am not used to the quiet time when my three oldest children are at school, on a side note, the word S-C-H-O-O-L just doesn't look right to me, but I know it is.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that my 3 year-old is not here.  I think that will take some time to get used to.


My sister and I got to hang out with a college friend last night and her 2 youngest children.  I brought my newborn with me so she could meet her.  It was a wonderful evening, we went out to eat at JB's Restaurant.  We spent about 1 1/2 hours there talking mostly, eating a little.  She lives in MN now, but whenever we have possibly been able to get together we have.  She is like another sister to me, she made my first year of college bearable.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment