Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Excitement

My kids look forward to Halloween most of the year.  It is almost as exciting as Christmas around here.  Perhaps it is because you get an all-you-can-eat buffet of candy for free... I am sure that is what used to excite me!

For Halloween this year my two older kids wore the same costume as last year.  My daughter was an Indian Princess and my son was Mario from Super Mario Bros.  He is a big fan of that character.  My 3 year-old was a bumblebee and my baby was an angel. 



Trick-or-treating began at 5:30 PM with a trunk-or-treat.  This is when people park their car along a rode or in a designated parking lot, and kids just go car to car instead of door-to-door.  After the children finished that, and almost all the candy in our bowl was gone, we left.  My newborn didn't go trick-or-treating, she hung out at home with Grandma. My children wanted to go around the apartment complex.  My husband, who had been up since 5:30 am, took the children around until 8 pm when it ended.  They got a ton of candy! 

I don't dress up for Halloween.  I can't remember the last time that I did.  I am pretty sure I was in college and it was for a Halloween dance.  My husband dressed up this year, he wore the outfit they gave him at the hospital to wear into the operating room when I was getting my c-section.   I think it looks good on him :)

I joined Weight Watchers today.  I have 46 pounds to lose to get to wear I want to be... I will keep you all updated on that as well.  Being on Prednisone has made even the post-pregnancy weight loss slow.  I am weaning off of that, and hopefully the weight will start coming off quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment