Friday, November 25, 2011

Thoughts on Black Friday

Today I am thankful that I didn't go out to get any of the Black Friday Sales.  I never woke up intentionally to get  the deal, or stayed up all night, but if for some reason I was awake at a horrible time of the morning and it could help me get a good deal, I would head out. 

I remember getting pushed and bumped though when I was 37 weeks pregnant with my 3 year-old son.  I didn't like that.  I decided then that I would not go out on Black Friday until after 10 am, when most of the crowds have died down.  I have not left the house today, to be honest, I don't plan to leave it.  I can never remember anyone pepper spraying or robbing someone else when I was out there.  There are certainly crazy people in the world, and I am thankful that I have not encountered them.  I will be honest, I would like it to stay that way. 

There is no sale big enough to cause me to want to harm another person.  There is no sale big enough to cause me to want to be harmed.  I will continue to watch my television that is not plasma or HD, and I will enjoy it.  My children will continue to own a Nintendo 64, we will not be updating that console anytime soon.  I do not own a Droid phone or the latest Tablet computer.   I don't see the point in replacing any of these things... they still work, why spend money to replace it?!

I am thankful for my children who understand that we don't need the most updated technology.  I am thankful that they understand the difference between needs and wants.  Yes, they do get things they want sometimes, but I make sure that they always have the things they need.  Life is good.  We have a roof over our head, my husband has a good job, we have a healthy family.  I can't ask for much more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment