Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back to Running

This morning, my sister, my 8 year-old daughter, and I got up and went for a walk/run.  I had told my sister yesterday that I wanted to go at 9 am so I could go get my hair done afterward, and it would still look good tomorrow.  My daughter came in a little before 9 to let me know what time it was. 

I got up and got dressed.  I knew, for the most part, what I was planning to wear this morning.  I didn't know that it was going to be so cold that I should have doubled up on the long johns.  It was really cold, I am not sure of the temperature, but I know that 5 hours lately, it had reached 20 degrees. Thank goodness I had decided to wear my heavy coat, instead of my jacket!

I am excited to hit the loop at the park with my sister and daughter.  We are working up to a mile, then up to a 5K.  Today was run 1/16 mile (100 yds), then walk 3/16 mile (300 yds) and repeat for a total of 4 times.  We are planning to do a Kiss Me Dirty run in June.  It looks like it will be a lot of fun.  I am thinking that I need to add some strength training as well.  My upper arm strength is seriously lacking.

I went to the beauty school and had my hair colored to its natural color.  So, I have achieved one of my New Years Resolutions.  It feels very good to have it back to normal.  While I was having my hair done, we were engaging in small talk.  I asked her if she had any children.  She said she had a son that is 15 months old.  I told her I had a daughter that was 15 months old, born Oct 5.  Her son was also born that day, in the same hospital, with the same doctor delivering the baby.  My baby was born about 7 hours before hers though.  It was quite unusual that would happen though.

Speaking of the baby, she is sound asleep.  I think I shall head that way soon.  It was a good day of football... Houston and Green Bay have advanced in the playoffs.  I would like to see Houston go all the way and win it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment