Monday, January 21, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Lately, this is something I have been forgetting to do.  I wake up cold, I go to sleep cold.  Some of the snow melts, just enough melts so at night it will freeze and cause everything to turn to ice.  This sure makes it a lot of fun to try to go on a walk or run!   Anyway, you get the point.  Sometimes things happen which I dwell on, that I should just sit down and count my blessings. 

I have so many things to be thankful for.  I am so blessed to have four healthy children.  They are very energetic.  They love to be with each other.  They are each others' best friends.  What mother could ask for more? 

I am blessed to have an amazing husband.  He puts up with me, even when I think I would be hard to put up with.  He makes me smile when I am down.  He cheers me on.  He goes to work five days a week to make money so we have things we need.

I have great brothers and sisters.  I am blessed to have one of my sisters live with me.  I think that she makes living away from the rest of my family more bearable.  My siblings have always been my best friends.  I have always had someone there for me when I needed to talk.  I have always had someone to hang out with, when I needed to get away.

My parents are amazing.  First of all, to raise six children that truly love each other.  I think that is a fete in itself.  They helped us get through college.  They taught us correct principles, and let us govern ourselves.  Although, I didn't always govern myself correctly, they loved me anyway.   My parents always made sure we had what we needed.  They loved us unconditionally.  We always look forward to being together as a family. 

I have many wonderful friends.  I have friends that know that even though I am horrible at keeping in touch, I love them anyway.  I always enjoy seeing my friends when I can.  It is nice to bump into someone at Wal-Mart or the grocery store and get to visit.  I have always been a homebody.  I am most comfortable at home.  That is just how I am.

I am blessed to be in good health.  I am not sure I will always have this blessing, but I am trying to take advantage of it while I can.  I have started running again.  I bought a FitBit Zip which monitors my steps, miles, and calories burned.  My sister and I have started a running regimen which helps to motivate me.  I want to take good care of my body.

I am blessed to know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives, and to know that He died for me.  He took upon the sins of everyone that has walked on earth and will walk on earth, that through Him we may return to our Father in Heaven.  He has marked the way, we just need to follow Him and repent when we sin.  He loves us all.  He does not love our sins, but He does love us.

I am blessed to know there is a Prophet, Thomas Monson, on earth today.  He will let us know the things which we need to know, if we but listen. 

I am blessed to be able to watch sports.  I have loved sports since I was a little tyke.  My dad coached my brother's football team (peewee?) and I would run the laps and practice with all of them.  I ended up being a cheerleader for the team though.  Guess it wouldn't be good to have a girl on the team :)

I am blessed to have a house and a car.  There are so many people in this world with neither.  Although my van really doesn't ever want to go anywhere, it generally will.  I don't dare to bring it on the freeway until it has had plenty of time to warm up.

These are just some of the things that I feel I am blessed to have.





No comments:

Post a Comment