Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Choices

Everyday we wake up and make choices.  We can choose to not get out of bed, or get out of bed long enough to do the vital things after waking...eating and going to the bathroom, and go back to bed.  Sometimes, I wish this was a viable option for me.  It isn't, having my kids and husband, no matter how much I want to stay in bed, I can't.

My bed is warm and comfortable...my house, not so warm.  We keep the temperature at 68 and wear warm clothes.  The price to heat a home is much more expensive than the price to heat an apartment that was less than half the size of our home.  The learning curve began when we started getting our electric and gas bills.  They were much higher.  We had to figure out what to do to keep them at a reasonable cost.  The answer was, keep the thermostat at 68.  Brrrrr... but it is our choice.  We could choose to turn the temperature up, but the money we spend to pay the bills would have to be allocated from another necessity we have.

I have chosen to get in shape...again.  So, as I sit here and type this up, I am hungry.  It is not fun to be hungry, but I have reached my caloric intake for the day so I will live with this feeling.  I am hoping in the morning, the scale reflects the effort.  My sister and I have started to run.  I have signed up and forked over the money to do a half marathon on June 8.  This keeps me motivated to reach my running goal.

I have chosen to not spend much time chatting online.  I choose to not play SCRABBLE as much as I do.  I enjoy learning new words.  I have learned a lot of them lately.  Who knew there were so many words in the English language that I had never heard of... for example, NABE, QAT, QI, XI, XU, ZA, FIVER, but NINER is not a word.  I could go on and on...

I hope to make good choices in my life.  I have not always been famous for good choices.  I have lost my temper over stupid things.   There was a point in my life when I would go days without eating.  That wasn't a good choice either.  Once I decided that I should eat, I gained weight quickly.  I screwed up my metabolism.  I hope that my children learn from both my example and my mistakes. 

Just an update on my son, he seems to be better now.  I think the chicken pox are better.  I am going to keep him home just to be sure.  I don't want to infect any other children.  It isn't a fun thing to deal with.  As of right now, my toddler is healthy.  She doesn't seem to have been affected with the chicken pox.  I am hoping she doesn't get them. 

I've decided I would love to see a Super Bowl between the Harbaugh brothers, with the 49ers winning.  I am not a fan of the Ravens at all, but I do think it would be a fun Super Bowl to see.  I would be thankful I wasn't their parent.  That would be a hard one to watch, although, in the end, one of my kids would have coached a Super Bowl Champion team.

Remember to smile at someone today!

No comments:

Post a Comment