Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Brrrrr... It is Cold!

Today was the first day my children went to school in 2013.  It was miserably cold out (11 degrees) this morning with about 10-12 inches of snow on the ground.  We like to have them walk to and from school.  My 9 year-old lost his knit cap so he got to put a shirt around his head.  This was my first clue that I would have to go and get more winter clothing.  I started to think that I should buy each child about 4 pairs of gloves and 4 knit caps.  I think that is how many they go through in any given winter. 

After I picked my 4 year-old up from school, we went to the Dollar Tree store.  I love that store.  It is especially nice when they actually have what I want.  I think they are just about out of the winter clothing, because I had to dig through a cart and a couple baskets in an aisle to find the sizes that I needed.  I bought both of my sons another knit cap and mittens. I got myself and my sister a cap and mittens also.  Who wants to be cold?  I bought them for my daughter on Saturday, so she didn't need winter necessities.

I bundled up my 4 year-old and my 1 year-old at the appropriate time, and we headed out to get my older children from school.   I brought the knit cap and mittens for my son.  They were a bit dismayed that we were walking.  They wanted a ride.  My son was pleased that he had a cap and mittens though.

I might need to drive more frequently in the winter, until the weather gets better.  Although my baby was in a hoodie, a zip-up thing that you put on them for their carseat to keep them warm, and a coat, I still think she was colder than anyone would like to be.  I put her in the carrier and away we went. 

I am not a cold weather person.  I would prefer living in Hawaii so the temperature would remain stable all year.  These mornings, and days, when it is so cold, I don't even want to get dressed, let alone go outside.  I do what I have to though...

I am hoping, perhaps beyond hope, that it will warm up and stay warm for the rest of the season.  It doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment