Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breaking Glass

This morning, that is what I woke up to.  The sound of breaking glass.  It is that kind of sound that just makes you sit right up and try to figure out what is going on.  It made me really hope that it was something on the interior, not someone breaking in. 

I got up and went on a search.  I guess I should have been a little more careful since I didn't really know what was going on.  I started hearing the children.  Then I knew that it was at least something inside the house. 

First, I need to explain a part of our house.  The playroom was added on to the house, it is virtually an enclosed patio with walls, carpeting, sliding glass door.... It was added on many years ago.  There is a window that leads from the playroom to the downstairs bathroom and another to a bedroom. 

My oldest son was trying to open the window from the wrong side, from inside the playroom.  The glass ended up popping out and shattering on the bathroom floor.  I was so thankful that the children weren't injured.  I am also thankful that no one was in the bathroom when that happened! 

Now the children understand why we told them not to play with the windows.  They liked to open the windows and climb in and out of the rooms.  I am glad the lesson was learned without injury! 

No comments:

Post a Comment