Wednesday, August 15, 2012

If It Weren't for Bad Luck, I'd Have No Luck at All

I fully intended to start running this week, I want to get back into shape and get at least two more marathon finisher medals.  I want to have one to give to each of my children.  I have 2... well, I know that at one point I had two.  I haven't seen them in a while, so I might get to run 4 more, we shall see...

Anyway, I got ready for church Sunday.  I found a skirt and a top that would go with it.  I had to hold my breath and zip (to be honest). I need to wear a skirt and top since I nurse my baby and wearing a dress is impractical.  I found some shoes that I hadn't worn in a long time.  As I walked to church, I remembered about 3/4 of the way there why I hadn't worn those shoes in a LONG time.  The back of both of my heels were bleeding.  The shoes have straps that criss-cross in the back.  I loosened the straps once I was sitting down.  The damage had already been done. 

After church, I came home, took off the shoes, and the skirt.  So, I was able to breathe again normally and my feet could begin the healing process.  They have not healed yet.  Therefore, I am not lacing up any running shoes, knowing the pain I would be in.  I imagine that I will be able to start running again on Monday.  I'll keep this updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment