Sunday, August 12, 2012

Things I Wish for Now That I Own a Home... And Blessings of Owning My Own Home

I have a small wish list since I now own a home.  They are things you never really think about...

1.  I wish it would rain for at least 10 minutes every morning and every evening, preferably around 7 am and 6 pm. 

2.  I wish that unpacking was a fun, joyous event.

3.  I wish that my vacuum sucked better than it does... (this is the only thing I think I will ever wish sucked, and it doesn't). 

4.  I wish I had unlimited funds to decorate (okay, perhaps it is something I have thought about regularly in the past).

Blessings of owning my own home include:

1.  Not needing to pay rent for months/years and getting nothing back (except security deposit) when I leave.

2.  Being able to decorate the house as I choose.

3.  My children being able to run around and make noise without worrying that it is imposing on someone else's solitude. 

4.  Having storage areas

5.  Having extra room so when family visits they will not be crowded together.

6.  Having a flat top stove so I don't have to clean drip trays :)

7.  Being able to meet neighbors and knowing that I won't be leaving in a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment