Saturday, August 11, 2012

Freecycle.org

Just a plug for a great concept.  Last I knew, it wasn't available in the Southern Tier of NY.  I am living in UT now and I absolutely love it. 

Today I was able to give some items away, completely free, to someone that could really use them.  I have received things from Freecycle, but today was the first time I gave something away.  It is nice to be able to receive items, but it was a much different feeling to give. 

I think the payment is the appreciation that was given. 

On Freecycle, I see things being offered daily.  I see things being requested daily.  I see things being received daily.  I think that it would be a great idea for every community to adopt.  It is an organized "FREE" community yard sale.  People pick up the items, you don't have to deliver them to the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment