Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All Wrapped Up

Tonight I changed my  baby daughter's outfit.  When I checked her toes, like I have learned to do regularly, I discovered two of them had hair wrapped very tightly around them.  I never thought to check her toes until one evening my sister called me in to tell me that the baby had hair wrapped around her toe. Both times, the hair has been wrapped so tightly that it has left an indentation all the way around it. The baby cries and cries as I try to get it off.  I feel so bad for her.  I know it must hurt.

She doesn't cry until I start trying to detach the hair.  I don't know if her toe is so numb that it doesn't bother her until I start the detangling and ripping of the hair from the toe.  I just can't figure out how hair can get wrapped tightly around a toe or two.  She was wearing a footed sleeper.  I figure the hair must somehow get into the foot part of it.  I just don't know how it could perfectly wrap itself around the toes. 

Thankfully I realized it was there.  I don't know want to think about how long it would take to cut off circulation.  I am pretty sure she won't be wearing footed sleepers anymore.  Her toes are precious little things.  I would like her to keep them, and I am sure she would like the same thing, even though she doesn't know what they are yet.  It is my goal to make sure that her toes stay firmly attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment