Friday, January 6, 2012

My Children Want to Earn a Wii

My children have wanted a Nintendo Wii ever since they first learned what one was, which was when their uncle got one.  I am not into video games, so I have never really cared that all they have is their Nintendo DS and a Nintendo 64.  My youngest son has been asking me to win a Nintendo Wii for about three months.  There is no way to win one, that I have seen.  I asked my sister if her husband and son still play the Wii, and she said not too often.  I told her that my son really wants one.  All my children want one, but my youngest son REALLY wants one. 

Today she spoke to her husband about it.  He wanted to trade it in to Game Stop.  He called to see how much he would get for everything.  He then said he would let me have it for less than that (since I'm family).  Thank you!

My children now have a goal.  They want to earn that Wii.  My sister would be bringing it out to us when she comes to visit.  They now know that I expect them to help clean around the house daily, without crying or whining.  That is how they will earn it.  This isn't a cheap little gadget... I think it is fair that they earn it.  They should appreciate it more.  I let them know that if they don't keep up their end of the deal, I will call and tell their uncle to trade it in.

They also know that it is going to consist of teamwork.  They all have to help.  Not just one of them, or two of them, but all three of them.  If they are going to play together, they can work together too.  This was day one.  It had a few hitches, but it went over quite well. 

I am looking forward to having a clean house and not needing to hear the children argue with me about doing their chores.  I will have them continue their housework in order to be able to play on the Wii.  I am excited for them to actually have it.  I know that they enjoyed playing it when we lived closer to their uncle and cousin. 

My daily update... I completed my 212 push-ups.  I did 192 on the wall and 20 on a picnic table.   They are getting easier to do, which is nice!  I ran 1/4 mile.  Something kept telling me to turn around, so I did.  I have learned to listen to that still, small voice.

Tonight we had chicken tacos for dinner.  Tomorrow we will have Garlic Chicken (at least that is the plan), and Sunday we will have Thai Chicken pizza from Papa Murphy's.  I will pick it up tomorrow.  It looks really good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment