Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Walk Home

Today it is absolutely beautiful outside.  Actually, it isn't 68 to 72 degrees, but to be January and living in Utah, I consider the high 40s to be absolutely beautiful.  When I walked outside to bring my 4 year-old son to school,  I realized how nice it was.  It was too late to walk to school with him, so we drove.  On the way there, I asked him if he wanted to walk home from school this afternoon.  He said yes.  Then he remembered how cold his hands got the last day of school before Christmas, and decided that he didn't want to walk.  I told him that he wouldn't get that cold, there isn't even snow on the ground.  He then decided that he did want to walk.

I got the baby dressed appropriately for a walk, I put her in the baby carrier (I need a new one), filled up my Brita water bottle which has a filter and off we went.  It took about 10 minutes to get there.  I got my 4 year-old and my 7 year-old.  My 7 year-old told me that my 8 year-old already started walking home.  We then started our trek back to the apartment.  It was a nice walk with the children.  I told them that if tomorrow was as nice, we would be walking again.  I don't see any reason to use gas money if I can walk and not worry about falling on ice.  When we arrived home, my 8 year-old was already here.  We decided where we would be meeting tomorrow.

While we walked home we got to talk.  It is nice to have time to spend just talking with the children about nothing in particular, just shooting the breeze.  My 7 year-old daughter shared some raisins with my 4 year-old son while we walked home.  I thought that was nice of her.  She offered to share, he didn't even have to ask.  It is times like that which make me smile.

Last night, my husband, kids (except for my baby), and I went to the gym.  I did the treadmill and elliptical machine while I watched the first half of The Biggest Loser.  My sister likes to watch NCIS which is at the same time.  My children ran around in there.  Before we went to the gym, I had gone for a 1.47 mi run.  I figure if I am going to be getting back into shape, I should get serious about it.  I have finished my 212 wall push-ups for the day, today.  I am honored to be doing them.  I am thankful for painkillers too!  I knew that I would be sore, but this morning I could barely move.  I will continue to push through the pain for this cause.

My 4 year-old is currently protesting needing to help clean the house.  My older two children are doing it willingly.  It is nice to have them cooperating. 

I am going to start dinner... we are having shrimp fried rice with salad.  We were going to have baked chicken with couscous and salad.  The chicken isn't completely thawed yet.  That will be tomorrow's meal. 

What did you do today?  What are your dinner plans?  I can always use suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment