Monday, January 9, 2012

I Found the Public Library Today

We have lived here for almost 10 months and today I finally located the public library.  It was about 3 miles away, so my kids won't be walking to the library.  I probably wouldn't have gone looking for it, except for my 7 year-old daughter is a little bookworm.  I don't have time to read these days, even though I should really make time for it.  She actually cried when I announced that we would do it later this week.  She reminded me promptly that I told her I would bring her today. 

After I filled out the form for the library cards, she grabbed her card and ran to the children's section.  She got a couple Veggie Tales DVD's and then a Magic Treehouse book and a Chronicles of Narnia Voyage of the Dawn Treader or something like that.  I never was interested in the Chronicles of Narnia series, or the Lord of the Rings series. 

After we finished at the library, we went grocery shopping.  We were on the end of town with one of the grocery stores, so I figured we might as well do some shopping.  The lasagna was on sale there for $3 less than where I bought one a couple weeks ago.  I bought a family size pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and a family size pack of boneless pork chops.  I also bought some Italian sausage and pepper and onion.  This should be a yummy week of food, I'm excited.

I did my 212 wall push-ups for today.  I have done more push-ups in the past 7 days than I have in the past 7 years, I think.  It is for a good cause, so I will continue to do them.  I haven't been as diligent with my New Year's resolution as I should be.  I need to start really doing them.  I just have a really bad time finding the time.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment