Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spiderman and a Push-Up Update

Today was my children's first day back at school.  They got up on time and got out the door in plenty of time to get there.  I was worried about that, since they had been staying up way too late recently and sleeping past their usual time to wake up.  Last night, they were sent to bed at 8:30 pm.  They got to stay there until they went to sleep.  It was a little while, but it worked.

After I picked my children up from school, my 4 year-old informed me that he watched "Spiderman."  He watched it about a week ago.  Today is the day that he wanted to talk about the movie.  He told me that the boy got bit by a spider.  He then told me that Spiderman could shoot things from his hand.  My son then told me that Spiderman turned into a superhero when he got bit.

I explained to him that when people get bit by spiders it hurts really bad.  I told him that it puts poison in our bodies.  He counteracted by telling me that we turn into superheroes when we get bit.  I explained again that we really don't want to get bit by a spider.  Now I am somewhat concerned that he might go looking for a spider to bite him.  As far as I know, there are no black widows or brown recluse spiders in the area, which is promising.  He really wants to be able to shoot things from his wrist...

Have any of you had to explain that we don't have any of the superpowers that we might see on television?  Did your child attempt to use a superpower anyway?  It is amazing how influential they are!

On another note, I completed my 212 push-ups for the day, all wall push-ups but they are done.  I am still hoping to get out for a run, but I am not sure when my husband will be arriving home.  Is there anyone else joining me with the push-ups?  Please leave a comment if you are, thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment